Measurements: Massive Display-related power savings

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 15 13:48:26 CEST 2008

Am Wednesday 15 October 2008 06:38:01 schrieb Mike (mwester):
> > FSO should switch the backlight control from the sysfs method to the
> > fbdev-ioctl method.  It's backwards compatible to old kernels (which will
> > just backlight-blank) and future-compatible with kernels that add the
> > jbt6k74 notifier and glamo fb_blank() patches.

Already done, thanks to a patch from Harald and some refactoring.
While doing this, I encountered a strange thing. One of my FreeRunners does
not recover from a BLANK ioctl anymore. The backlight turns on but the
display does not show any pixels. I have to reboot to make it work again.
Could that be connected to that infamous WSOD resume bug?

Cheers,

Mickey.