Measurements: Massive Display-related power savings

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Fri Oct 17 15:39:43 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 02:47:37PM +0200, Klaus Kurzmann wrote:
> > it means reduce the max_speed_hz from 10MHz to say 1MHz see if it
> > impacts it I guess.
> ok, changed .max_speed_hz to 1 * 1000 * 100, but this doesn't change the
> behaviour. I still get WSoD after some time in deep-standby state.

that's sad.

> Something else to try out ? :-)

you could verify if the power consumption actually increases after you set it
from deep-standby to sleep and then to normal.  each of the different states
should have it's unique power consumption  (you can use the current reading of
the coulomb counter in the battery, if you make sure that the device doesn't
power or charge through USB)

Also, is there any difference if you manually transition from deep-standby to
sleep, and then to normal (not going directly from deep-standby to normal and
rely on the driver to do the intermediate sleep state) ?

Does anybody else observe this behaviour? If I had a device which I can use to
reproduce the bug, I'd put in the time to get it fixed...