Openmoko kernel change process (Was: [UPSTREAM] Move backlight handling out of pcf50633 driver)

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Mon Oct 20 10:45:39 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> | There is absolutely no question that OM have absolute power over the git
> | repo at git.openmoko.org - and whether or not people use that repo and
> | kernel will be directly related to how "friendly" the maintainers of
> | that repo are the to community.
>
> What was unfriendly about my telling the list that changing the
> backlight levels is important?  This appeared on our kernel list, it was
> not done by private communication.  "Mea Culpa"?

Damn!  I should have repeated my disclaimer about all my statements in
this renamed thread being about future stuff and not making any opinion
about past events.

This (renamed) thread is about motherhood and apple pie and how things
should be.  It makes no accusations about anything or anyone or any
situation in the past.

Looks like I need explicitly restate that disclaimer in every post ...

-- Rod