Android sources released - patches soon

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 07:26:41 CEST 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:56:05 -0700
Sean McNeil <sean at mcneil.com> wrote:

> There are only a few people that have known this, but I have been
> working with the Android code base for some time and have had it
> running first on a GTA01, and then later on GTA02 hardware. Now that
> the Android code base has been open sourced, I will be releasing
> patches to Android in order to use it with GTA02 hardware. GTA01
> support has become decrepit and will need some work.

Great news and great work!

I guess I can wait until you post the patches, but I thought about one
thing. When browsing the Android git tree, I see there are quite a bit
of non hardware-related patches, e.g., android_logger¸ android_alarm,
ashmem etc. Are these strictly needed for Android to work and will
these therefore also get posted here?

// Simon