Openmoko kernel git branch request for Android patched kernel.

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Thu Oct 23 03:51:33 CEST 2008

| Hi Andy,
|
| If it's easier to just apply patches, there is a patch set located at:
| http://forum.koolu.org/files/android-2.6.24-patches.tar.gz
|
| They are split out into each file that gets patched and are the
| differences between the Android 2.6.24 branch and the vanilla 2.6.24
| branch. They were done a little while ago, so I'm not sure if they are
| stale or not.
|
| When I had patched them, there was only one file that wouldn't patch,
| and it was fairly straightforward.
|
| If you have difficulty with it, or have questions, please let me know.

I eyeballed them but wow it's a bit of a patchbomb.

Yaffs I heard was needed so I guess we have to take that on.

What is the deal with this "goldfish virtual platform"?

Also I'm pretty sure Sean McNeil has been working with more recent
kernel like 2.6.26, I wait to see what he has to say before studying
these patches further.

There's also a problem that we can really do with a signed-off-by, these
are raw diffs.

-Andy