Need guidance

Shashank Bharadwaj shanka.mns at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 15:36:38 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I got my freerunner about a month ago. I've been using it ever since
as my primary phone OM2008.9 on flash and Debian on SD Card. The
journey so far has been great!

Now I've decided that it's time that I start contributing back to the
community. I am an electronics engineer and love embedded systems. So
I thought the best place I can contribute is the kernel. The problem
is that I don't know how to. Could you guys please give me some
pointers on how to get started. I've downloaded the code via git and
browsed it, but couldn't figure where to start.

I have a little knowledge about the linux kernel (though I'm
hyper-interested and would love to learn) and have some knowledge
about ARMs (microcontrollers) and it's interfacing devices.

So I'm here looking for some guidance on how and where to contribute.

--
Regards
Shashank