UBoot yaffs.1 support

Ben Leslie benno at benno.id.au
Mon Oct 27 08:37:28 CET 2008

Hi all,

I note on a recent update that uboot now has yaffs.1 support (cool!).
Is this something that should be considered working?

It seems to install an image fine when using it, but in doing so it
somehow seems to mess with the whole of flash in such a way that I
need to reflash other partitions, and the uboot-env is totally messed
up. I'm assuming this has something to do with data being stored in
out-of-band parts. Unfortunately I really don't know much about
nand/oob at least not enough to further diagnose.

If anyone can offer any suggestions on how to debug this further it
would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Benno