introduce-gta02-pm-wlan.patch

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Oct 29 14:49:54 CET 2008

Andy Green wrote:
> WM8753 init / probe; it didn't clean up after itself somehow and much
> later the timer created in there fired.

Oh, that must have been fun to track down :-)

> that would explain it not putting in an appearance but maybe that is too
> easy.

Yes, I checked the power and reset GPIOs and everything there looks
good. When you run stable-tracking, does WLAN work, i.e., does it
show up in "iwconfig" ?

By the way, with gta02-moredrivers-defconfig, stable-tracking now
builds to 2.21MB, i.e., much larger than what u-boot loads with
the default environment.

The following commands raise the limit to 3MB:

setenv bootcmd setenv bootargs \${bootargs_base} \${mtdparts}\; nand read.e 0x32000000 kernel 0x300000\; bootm 0x32000000
saveenv

> I diffed the s3c2410.c nand thing against 2.6.24 but nothing jumped out.

Hmm, my wild guess would be that the introduction of read_subpage in
the NAND layer somehow caused this. The subpage logic isn't new per
se, and the NAND structure detected is the same as in 2.6.24, so it
must be something a little more subtle ...