Implementing Bluetooth SIM Access Profile (SAP) on OpenMoko

Onur Cinar ocinar at simowireless.com
Tue Sep 9 21:25:28 CEST 2008

Hi All,

As a part of a project, I am working on implementing Bluetooth SIM Access
Profile (SAP) server on OpenMoko. Briefly, SAP server will provide OpenMoko
the ability to use a remote SIM card over bluetooth while registering with
the GSM network, and also the opposite.

I went through the gsmd, and the kernel source code, but I wasn't able to
find the right place to intercept and re-route the communication between the
GSM radio and the SIM card.  I just wanted to ask if this is something
possible on OpenMoko pragmatically.  Based on the documents on wiki, it
looks like the GSM radio has direct connection with the SIM card, and the
kernel is not involved. Is there anyway I can change that from the kernel?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

-onur