new kernel ... / meaning of stable-tracking

Balaji Rao balaji at raobalaji.com
Tue Sep 23 21:47:50 CEST 2008

On Monday 22 September 2008 08:16:34 pm Werner Almesberger wrote:

<snip>

> I think it would be nice if the PCF50633 driver (~2700 lines) could
> be broken down into its functional parts, e.g., regulators, RTC,
> charger, and so on, also because this would make it clearer which
> part needs which API. For example, the regulators don't care about
> RTC, yet they "see" the API because they're in the same file with
> the RTC part.

Seperating the RTC is straightforward i guess. The regulators too have
their own ABI to be exported via sysfs and it looks like we've to
change quite a bit of code to do it.

What are the other parts that we need to seperate out ? Do we need to
provide sysfs interfaces for , say led control and charger ?

Thanks,
Balaji Rao