[RFC 3/3] S3C24xx: Add cpufreq driver for S3C2442

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed Apr 1 19:51:36 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 03:10:21AM +0200, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
>    I adapted the S3C64xx cpufreq driver by Mark Brown for the S3C2442. The
> frequencies are simply the ones I expect to be easy to work with on the
> GTA02. However, much work on the kernel clock support remains to be able to
> use all those frequencies. I also need to have another look at how the
> S3C2442 clocks work.

Ideally these drivers would just get merged; I strongly suspect that it
will be possible to share much of the code here over many ARM variants.
As far as I can tell the only difference here is the new tables for the
S3C24xx and your workaround (for which see below)?

If this is the case would you be OK if I picked this up and merged it
into my driver/series (which I'll be continuing to push to mainline)?

>    There's an ugly workaround for the GTA02 problem that the cpufreq driver
> is initialised before the regulators are added. Suggestions are welcome.

This should be fixed by the patch of mine that Ben accepted for 2.6.30
to initialise the S3C I2C driver much earlier - the issue is that I2C
was being initialsied fairly late in boot which causes issues for use
with things like regulators that many other drivers end up depending on.