[RFC 2/3] Map GTA02 core voltage to vddarm supply

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Thu Apr 2 01:58:57 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 06:54:26PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 02:54:35AM +0200, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
>
> > 2) Always enable the core voltage regulator. It somehow isn't enabled
> > anywhere else. I'm guessing the core's running on leakage current from
> > VDDalive when the kernel is booted.
>
> I strongly suspect that it is enabled by default when the system boots,
> otherwise u-boot would run into trouble.

   See
https://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-March/009694.html

   Before the path, I got:

$ (cd /sys/class/regulator && for i in regulator.*; do cat \
	${i}/{name,state}; done )
IO_3V3
enabled
CORE_1V3
disabled
memldo
disabled
[...]

   With the patch, I get:

$ (cd /sys/class/regulator && for i in regulator.*; do cat \
	${i}/{name,state}; done )
IO_3V3
enabled
CORE_1V3
enabled
memldo
disabled
[...]

   I'll have a look at the pcf50633 regulator code to see if it's getting
the disable/enable bits right.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen