[AR6000] Openmoko driver for OMAP3 ( TI )

OMAP3 vincent.del.medico at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 10:29:18 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

First of all, I'm all new in Linux kernel developer's community, so please try not to through me out like you would do with your stinky socks :)

I am currently working on the OMAP3 EVM Board from TI, trying to setup the AR6k SDIO WLAN card.

The kernel I'm using is 2.6.28, and I want to use the AR6k driver from CardAccess without the PNP, and with the Linux SDIO stack.

I saw that openmoko did the job, so I downloaded and patched the version 2 of AR6k driver ( http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/sameo/patches/ar6k-atheros-2.0/2.6.24/ ), and then applied Werner's patches ( http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/wlan-spi/patches/ ).

Of course, I only applied patches which are not related to S3C/GTA02. So, the patches I applied are these :
- hif-linux-sdio.patch
- ar6k-without-sdio.patch
- sdio-f0-unrestrict.patch

So now, here are the results when starting Linux :
mmc0: new SDIO card at address 0001
eth0: link down
ar6000_available
BMI Get Target Info: Exit (ver: 0x1301000e type: 0x1)
Block Size Set: 128 (target address:0x8000066C)
ar6000_init() Got WMI @ 0xc71811c0.
Sending DHCP requests .<7>mmci-omap-hs mmci-omap-hs.0: mmc0: CMD53, argument 0x1
4080010
eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x83E1
 Timeout waiting for recv message
 Target Not Available!!
ar6000_avail: register_netdev failed
+ar6000_destroy
ar6000_destroy(): WMI not ready 0xc73c0380 0xc71811c0
ar6000_destroy(): Shut down WMI
 Attempting to reset target on instance destroy....
.<7>mmci-omap-hs mmci-omap-hs.0: IRQ Status is 2
-ar6000_destroy

Therefore, I have several questions :
- Is openmoko community ONLY interested in Samsung's platform ? I mean, does the feedback I could give you for TI's platform would interest openmoko ?
- Could I get some help from openmoko community to get the Atheros driver work on OMAP3 ?
- Do you think openmoko's AR6k driver and Werner's patches can fit my platform easily ?
- And finally ... does anyone has any idea about the reason of my issue when loading the AR6K driver ?

Thanks, and sorry if I'm not allowed to post here :)