GTA02 hang on resume wto VT switch

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Apr 6 16:45:59 CEST 2009

Michael Trimarchi schrieb:
> Nils Faerber wrote:
>> Hi!
>> Probably someone has an idea about that one...
>>
>> I recompiled my kernel without console VT support (I do not need it
>> since I cannot read the small font rushing by anyway). This also has the
>> side effect that the kernel does not switch to a text VT upon suspend
>> and thus also not vom VT back to X on resume (which I also like since it
>> gives a better UI impression - push the power button it "just switches
>> off", push again and it is instantaniously back where it left).
>>
> Can you send the git id and your configuration?

GIT is latest andy-tracking head (happens with any version up to head)
and the config is basically as I posted it a few days ago for my Ar6k
problem (which works now) except for the removal of the VT console
support. The same functionality is reached with the attached patch and
setting the new option to "n" (BTW: I would also like to see this patch
go upstream ;)
The same patch/modification works without problems on GTA01 so I would
suspect something around glamo, but there might be other nitty gritty
details involved...

> Regards Michael
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de