[AR6000] Openmoko driver for OMAP3 ( TI )

OMAP3 vincent.del.medico at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:08:26 CEST 2009

OMAP3 wrote:
> I guess my company won't get another card, so I'm stuck with firmware 1.3.

Good luck then :-)

> But are your patches for using Linux SDIO appliable to sameo's driver ?

I never looked at the 1.3 code, but I would be surprised if the HIF
was very different. So I'd say you have a good chance that at least
that much will be easy to adapt.

- Werner

So, I used ar6k driver for firmware 1.3, applied your patches for Linux SDIO, and had to adapt a few things, but not that much. Nevertheless, the card still doesn't answer while init :
mmc0: new SDIO card at address 0001
eth0: link down
ar6000_available
BMI Get Target ID: Enter (device: 0xc048dac8)
BMI Communication timeout
Unable to write to the device

I wonder if the reason of the problem is that I also have to adapt every HIF_READ, HIF_WRITE, HIF_SYNCHRONOUS, etc ..
What does these values refer to ? The hardware MMC/SD Host Controler registers ? The CardAccess ?
By the way, what does HIF stand for ?

Thanks.