AR6000 driver failed on probe stage

OMAP3 vincent.del.medico at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:58:28 CEST 2009

2009/4/7 Ivan Petrov <ivan_p at hotbox.ru>:
> I was have similar problem at start of driver port to AT91SAM9260, problem
> was in SDIO_IRQ suport for my CPU in 4wire mode.
> First, try turn off MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ in you MMC host controller. In this
> case IRQ state will request every 10ms. Posible it help you.
>
>> - mmc->caps = MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ;
>> + mmc->caps = 0; // MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ;

Bit unlucky on me. :-(
I have tried this method but the same issue still existed.

I double-checked the ar6000 driver's initialization process, as i
know, before the driver hanged
it only had done a few things as following steps:
1. enable sdio wifi function with CMD52
2. set function block size to 128 with CMD52
3. enable sdio irq with CMD52 (if turn it on)
4. disable ar6000 interrupts with CMD53
We have connected a logic analyzer to host to check that all above
CMD/DATA were sent successful.
So it seems not cause by some failure during the ar6000 driver initialization.
5. try to get BMI command credits by reading COUNTER_DEC register
AR6000 driver hanged on this step where it was trying to read a BMI
command credit from CONUTER_DEC register, but it alway got a NULL
value.
(The accurate addres the driver read is 0x450 which is calculated by
the following method defined in bmi.c
address = COUNT_DEC_ADDRESS + (HTC_MAILBOX_NUM_MAX + ENDPOINT1) * 4;)

Do you know why the content of CONUTER_DEC register of wifi card is alway 0?
In other words, why the target hasn't provided this initial command
credits for host?

Any one has any idea on this issue?
Your advice will be highly apprecaited.

Regards
Dongas

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "dongas" <dongas86 at gmail.com>

Hi all,

I'm having exactly the same problem, running on a OMAP3 board.
Discuss is here : http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td2591890|a2593593

But I still haven't resolved the problem ... As you, I checked at the scope to see if signals were really sent, and they are.

Actually I have no more idea of "where to look at" to debug this problem ... did you managed to find new informations ?

Thanks.