[M800] Touchscreen filters are not working

morphis ml at gravedo.de
Wed Apr 8 16:09:23 CEST 2009

On 08.04.2009 15:38, Nelson Castillo wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 5:52 AM, morphis <ml at gravedo.de> wrote:
> (cut)
>> We first disabled all touchscreen filters and the manner was still
>> there, but it disappeared when we only disabling the group filter and
>> let all other filters there. Our current solution is not to use the
>> group filter.
>
> Well, at least you can use a few of them :-)
>
> median + mean should help.

Will try.

> Are you getting a lot of noise with no filters? With median + mean?

With no filters enabled we always have the situation, that the reported
events are in the top left corner and they are reported with no pressure
on the ts. How could I test it to get more information about the noise?
Is there any test app?

>> I hope someone who is familiar with the new touchscreen filters can help us.
>
> Where's the code? (Just to see what it looks like).

Sorry I forgot to add the link. Here it is:
http://git.gnufiish.org/?p=gnufiish.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-glofiish.c;h=bdf4d1e2d235a47ddc0c282d33fd7df1fa94036a;hb=HEAD

> If the group filter is not working for you my first guess would be
> that the parameter close_enough is too small for the variance of your
> input data (all input is being rejected). Try using bigger values
> there (20,30,40, ...) until it works...

Will try and report.

> Let us know how it goes.

For sure :)