[M800] Touchscreen filters are not working

morphis ml at gravedo.de
Tue Apr 14 06:24:06 CEST 2009

On 14.04.2009 00:06, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> Am Mo  13. April 2009 schrieb morphis:
>> On 09.04.2009 06:25, Nelson Castillo wrote:
>>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Nelson Castillo
>>> <arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net> wrote:
>>> (cut)
>>>>>
> http://git.gnufiish.org/?p=gnufiish.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm/mach-s3c2440/mach-glofiish.c;h=bdf4d1e2d235a47ddc0c282d33fd7df1fa94036a;hb=HEAD
>>>
>>> BTW, I'm working on this code now and I had trouble with "delay". Thus
>>> I checked yours to see what you were using.
>>>
>>> 376         .delay = 10000,
>>> 377         .presc = 50000000 / 1000000, /* 50 MHz PCLK / 1MHz */
>>> 378         //.presc = 0xff, /* slow as we can go */
>>>
>>> You might want to use the original .presc until you get the TS to work
>>> the first time... I tested with the values you have and the TS
>>> wouldn't work for me.
>>
>> Ok, I merged with current andy-tracking to get a current ts filter chain
>> but it is still the result. I produced a little example for the current
>> problem with touch_test.py. I only pressed my finger on one point of the
>> screen. The app reports:
>> Move: (352, 242)
>> Down: (352, 242)
>> Move: (380, 253)
>> Move: (394, 257)
>> Move: (409, 268)
>> Move: (420, 284)
>> Move: (426, 291)
>> Move: (429, 295)
>> Move: (430, 298)
>> Move: (433, 301)
>> Move: (433, 302)
>> Move: (434, 302)
>> Move: (434, 303)
>> Move: (433, 303)
>> Move: (434, 303)
>> Move: (433, 303)
>> Move: (436, 304)
>> Move: (435, 304)
>> Move: (434, 304)
>> Move: (433, 304)
>> Move: (430, 304)
>> Move: (431, 304)
>> Move: (434, 304)
>> Move: (433, 304)
>> Move: (434, 304)
>> Move: (435, 303)
>> Move: (436, 303)
>> Move: (434, 300)
>> Move: (430, 292)
>> Up: (430, 292)
>>
>> So the cursor moves up to top left corner while I am press one point of
>> the screen. Any hints which calibration of the filters is wrong?
>>

> As your finger doesn't create a point of contact on ts, but rather a quite
> large area, this dump looks quite smooth and reasonable.
> Before complaining about performance of a particular subsystem, it's mandatory
> to learn basics about it's operation principles.
>
> /j

Sorry, I don't complain about the performance of any particular
subsystem. I know about the fact that I don't get exactly one point for
one touch with my finger on the ts. The problem is I am not very
familiar with this stuff. It is my first time.