WSOD will need redisign (and spec)

Nelson Castillo arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net
Sun Apr 19 19:26:52 CEST 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Nicolas Dufresne
<nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My last commit is,
>
> bd4b7e8e84ab43a13a4620b001d52d373c2122b3
> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=commit;h=bd4b7e8e84ab43a13a4620b001d52d373c2122b3
>
> This patch contains coding style fix that I can re-submit separately if
> you rollback. Note it may not fix (or fix by luck) the WSOD. Something
> that is most likely to workaround the issue if changing the line 713 for
> drivers/video/display/jbt6k74.c to:
>        jbt6k74_enter_state(jbt, JBT_STATE_SLEEP);

Nicolas, I just reverted the patch. The style fixes are very welcome. Thanks.

> This will mimic better the behaviour of 2.6.28, but may augment power
> drain in sleep. As usual, having couple of testers around this would be
> interesting for a short term workaround.

This testing sounds very good but we shouldn't do it with the (future)
stable kernel :-) I think we could provide the testers some specific
testing images. Starting tomorrow we're planning to send weekly kernel
update emails and we could include a "testing needed" section with the
relevant links (binary images and feedback URI in trac).