cpufreq: gps && rxerr: port=1 ch=0x24, rxs=0x00000001

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Mon Aug 10 11:55:12 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 09:19:35AM +0200, Michael Trimarchi wrote:

> Do you have take a look to the cpufreq framework for s3c24xx posted in
> the arm mailing list?

   A search didn't turn up anything. Do you have a pointer to that?

> It is better to do this things in suspend/resume part of frequnecy
> scaling driver?

   On resume, we need to get at least the PCLK right early on or not much
will work, including perhaps the I2C stuff such as the voltage regulators.
Restoring the registers in the cpufreq resume callback does not work (and I
don't know why). In any case, the bootloader should be fixed. I'm testing a
U-Boot patch.

   On suspend, it runs too late in the game, when the pcf50633 and its
voltage regulators have already suspended. The problem here is that if we go
into suspend with only 1.0 V (50 MHz), we never get back into the kernel
because U-Boot tries to run at 200 MHz. U-Boot doesn't even try to touch any
of the I2C stuff when resuming. I can't find a suspend callback to hook
into, so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen