Git Repository not Working

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:59:56 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:20:34PM +0100, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
> Martin Jansa wrote:
> >On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 02:33:39AM -0800, Waqar Ali wrote:
> >>I am trying to compile the kernel image for my Openmoko GTA02. While compiling when I try to access the git repository (as a matter of fact when Openembedded try to fetch from the git repository) this error is shown and the openembedded build process exits.
> >>
> >>git fetch git://git.openmoko.org/git/kernel.git stable failed with signal 128, output:
> >>fatal: Not a git repository
> >>
> >>Does anybody know how to solve this issue, and if this repository still exists and works.
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Waqar Ali
> >>Research Engineer
> >>NexGIN Research Center
> >
> >Exists and works, but stable branch is quite old (based on 2.6.24
> >an last commit was 10 months ago), which bitbake recipe are you
> >trying to build?
> >
> >SHR is using 2.6.29-rc3 (andy-tracking branch)
> >recipes/linux/linux-openmoko-shr-devel_git.bb
> >and there is also newer variants available for shr
> >recipes/linux/linux-openmoko-shr-drm-devel_git.bb andy-tracking + Thomas White's DRM
> >patches
> HOw can I say to shr to use the Thomas White DRM?

If you're building your own image then set preferred provider in
conf/maching/om-gta02.conf:
# If you want to have KMS enabled in default kernel, uncomment
# linux-openmoko-shr-drm-devel
#PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel_shr = "linux-openmoko-shr-devel"
#PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel_shr = "linux-openmoko-shr-drm-devel"
#PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel_shr = "linux-openmoko-2.6.31"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel_shr = "linux-openmoko-2.6.32"

If you don't want to build own image/kernel then just wget uImage and
modules from
http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/kms/images/om-gta02/
or
http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/2.6.31/images/om-gta02/
update uImage link and unpack modules to /

(2.6.32 isn't built on shr buildhost yet..)

And 2.6.31+ isn't fully compatible with frameworkd, few issues can be
fixed by switching script here:
http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/switch-for-kernel

All those kernels are suffering from WSOD during suspend.. at least for
me and other SHR devs, thats why they cannot be used by default and even
testing is a bit pain without non-stop power supply and suspend
disabled.

Cheers,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr