accessing SD_3V3 in drivers/mmc/host/s3cmci.c

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Feb 5 14:16:52 CET 2009

Mark Brown wrote:
> Yes, that's exactly the intention.

Okay. I guess what makes me feel uncomfortable about it is that a
failed name lookup can both be an error condition (typo, something
went wrong with the setup, etc.) and a legitimate way of telling
that no regulator is to be used in this case.

> Note that when you add consumers you're specifying a per-consumer name
> that the consumer will use to request the regulator - it's just a key
> used for lookup.

So perhaps something like MMC_REG would be a good "local" name then ?
Is there a common style for these per-driver names ?

> I suggest dealing with this by providing a standard regulator API
> set_power() in the s3cmci driver that platforms which use regulators can
> assign in their platform data.  This avoids people rewriting the
> standard regulator API implementation.

That sounds good to me. It would also remove the above discomfort,
because you'd only call it if you're sure there is a regulator.

Thanks a lot for explaining !