USB current limit when phone off

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:22:54 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 15:12, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> So during all these tests we never hook to anything but a "dumb"
> charger?  The kernel never gets the idea during that session that it
> could pull 500mA legitimately and somehow wrongly hold on to that idea?

yes... quite strange...

I will try to do more tests to be sure of how much it pulls when off.
And if I can find another charger, I'll try too (or with my computer
when on vista -no driver-)...

Maybe this charger is not so dumb... or rather even "dumber" than I
thought after all ! ;-)  I do no remember with which phone it was
originally shipped...
Might be that under certain conditions the phone recognize the
resistance making it think it is its wall charger....