Has anyone android working with andy-tracking?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Feb 8 04:49:40 CET 2009

Andy Green wrote:
> You're right, I don't know where the wake lock code came from or what it
> really is for either, so we disabled it in config to work around it.

There's a hint in include/linux/wakelock.h:

/* A wake_lock prevents the system from entering suspend or other low power
 * states when active. If the type is set to WAKE_LOCK_SUSPEND, the wake_lock
 * prevents a full system suspend. If the type is WAKE_LOCK_IDLE, low power
 * states that cause large interrupt latencies or that disable a set of
 * interrupts will not entered from idle until the wake_locks are released.
 */

Sounds scary, doesn't it ?

Another clue is in drivers/staging/android/Kconfig:

|	Enable wakelocks. When user space request a sleep state the
|	sleep request will be delayed until no wake locks are held.

Even scarier. Interestingly, I didn't see a peep about this on
linux-kernel. You'd think that someone proposing this kind of
klud^H^H^H^Harchitectural enhancement would try to get some serious
review ...