Accelerometers losing values

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Feb 11 17:11:50 CET 2009

Am Wednesday 11 February 2009 15:55:55 schrieb Michael Tansella:
> > The overruns /sys thing is the number of times we came to collect a
> > sample set from the accelerometer, but when we did it told us we were
> > late and missed one or more samples that got lost before this one.
> >
> > -Andy
>
> Ok, thanks then this shows the values I'm missing sometimes.
>
> Does this mean python is too slow for this or doesn't get enough resources?

As much as I love python and am advocating its use where it makes sense, it's
certainly not a wise choice for treating real time data, such as
accelerometer values. I'd recommend using accelges, if necessary, enhancing
it to feature the moves you want to recognize, and then react to its dbus
signals.

--
:M: