Openmoko Bug #2231: interrupt not always generated when flowcontrolled=1 and modem wants to talk

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Thu Feb 12 11:32:37 CET 2009

#2231: interrupt not always generated when flowcontrolled=1 and modem wants to
talk
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:  unspecified
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:
 "Occasional fail to initiate resume by incoming call, easy workaround
 proposed" but I have not seen a bug report with clear steps to
 reproduce. In that thread moko11-beta1 firmware is suggested as a
 workaround so anybody who upgrades to that will want to verify that it
 really fixes the issue for them with these steps.

 {{{
 Steps to reproduce:
 1) start

 socat - file:/dev/ttySAC0,crtscts,crnl,echo=0,b115200

 in another terminal and keep it running during steps 1-9

 2) echo 0 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
 3) echo 1 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on

 4) register to network manually by typing the following to socat (mind
    your own PIN though!):

 ATE1
 AT+CFUN=1
 AT+CPIN="0000"
 AT+CPIN?
 AT+COPS
 AT+COPS?

 4) grep modem /proc/interrupts
 5) call the phone from some other phone
 6) let caller hangup
 7) echo 1 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-
 gsm.0/flowcontrolled
 8) call the phone from some other phone
 9) grep modem /proc/interrupts

 Expected results:
 4-9) When flowcontrolled=1 an interrupt is generated when GSM has
 something to send.

 Actual results:
 4-9) Interrupt count does not increase:
 17:          5    s3c-ext0  modem
 17:          5    s3c-ext0  modem

 and thus if the phone is put to suspend it won't wake up either.

 More info:
 1) I am running moko8 firmware on GTA02V5

 AT+CGMR
 +CGMR: "HW: GTA02BV5, GSM:
 gsm_ac_gp_fd_pu_em_cph_ds_vc_cal35_ri_36_amd8_ts0-Moko8"
 $ grep Revision /proc/cpuinfo
 Revision        : 0350

 2) I am using andy-tracking kernel b8b36e5ec3db71d5 from beginning of
 January 2009.

 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2231>