Can't access ext3 partition on uSD

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Feb 16 20:32:43 CET 2009

> What exactly is the SD Card brand, am I going to be able to buy one and
> reproduce it?  That'd be a quicker roundtrip for grappling with this.

It's an A-data, but I don't think you'll be able to just buy one and
reproduce the problem: I've been using it for several months now without
any problems.  Also I copied the tree to some other place in the
filesystem and can now use that copy just fine.

I think the part that really puzzles me is why

   mount /sd

gives me invalid entries in /sd/monnier, whereas

   mount -o ro /sd; mount -o remount,rw /sd

doesn't.

        Stefan