[RFC] Draft for new page for the kernel (the kernel itself and kernel work)

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:45:24 CET 2009

It seems that the current wiki page should be restructured a bit.

It's making people build 2.6.24 kernels. Then they come here and we
complain. I just removed the old instructions that caused this
problem.

The actual page does not reflect the current status of the kernel, by
reading it it seems like the kernel doesn't work very well... and it
indeed is working well now (with issues buy functional for many). I am
proposing this draft as an starting point for another version:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Kernel-new-tmp

The information about ALSA for instance doesn't seem to belong there
anymore. It all made sense once but not now -- obscure information
should be moved to an alternative page and linked if needed.

What do you think?