g_ether code 10 error using linux kernel 2.6.28 on SMDK2440

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 08:03:45 CET 2009

Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> writes:
> > I am testing USB RNDIS module on SMDK2440 using linux kernel 2.6.28.
> > USB cable to my Winxp host. Winxp can find the device
>
> Ethernet over USB has been broken for some periods (a least twice) in
> the past in upstream kernel.  If you're building our tree, your best bet
> is to try andy-tracking HEAD where it seems OK.

Hm, he's talking about RNDIS and windows XP, which still doesn't
work. BTW, please change component for
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2211 to make it more visible. My
guess is that s3c2400_udc DEBUG log can also help here, but i'm
nowhere near understanding USB to make any advices.

Moreover, it doesn't seem like any kernel dev knows how to produce any
meaningful logs from that stupid platform, so i'd let windows-lovers
struggle on their own ;)

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com