Latest andy-tracking , bad crc error

Daniel.Li lida_mail at 163.com
Sat Feb 28 10:28:28 CET 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 10:14 +0100, Petr Vanek wrote:
> >I checkout a latest kernel (andy-tracking), and compile the kernel,
> >then flash to the FreeRunner.
> >
> >During booting, it says Bad data CRC. I have tried twice, I don't think
> >usb tranfer erro. Before flashing the uImage, all is OK. What's the
> >problem?
> >
> >BTW, I flash back to original uImage, it works.
>
> i think you have to either use qi or adjust uboot_env to be able to
> load kernel image larger then 2M.
>
> iirc boot_env could also be flashed if there was an image online -
> perhaps somebody uploaded it already somewhere?

Thanks pointing me to the right direction.
I think I got it.

Old u-boot might be NOT support uImage larger than 2M.
I need to update u-boot (Nand) to support uImage(>2MB).

If my understanding is wrong, please correct me. thanks.

BTW, can I moniter u-boot process though usb (which can access the
u-boot commands) without debug board?

Please point me to the right direction. A link will be do ;)

Thanks very much!

--
Daniel.Li <lida_mail at 163.com>
PALFocus (http://palfocus.oicp.net)