Latest andy-tracking , bad crc error

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Sat Feb 28 11:01:55 CET 2009

DL> > i think you have to either use qi or adjust uboot_env to be able
DL> > to load kernel image larger then 2M.
DL> >
DL> > iirc boot_env could also be flashed if there was an image online -
DL> > perhaps somebody uploaded it already somewhere?
DL>
DL> Thanks pointing me to the right direction.
DL> I think I got it.

it's not u-boot but it's parameters.

here is how to fix it (i did't write this, just copy/paste). i just
tested it with success:

- bring up the boot menu of NAND u-boot
- switch the console to USB
- enter the u-boot command line with

  neocon /dev/ttyACM{0,1,2}

  (or use the serial communication program of your choice)

- enter the following two commands:

  setenv bootcmd setenv bootargs \${bootargs_base} \${mtdparts}\; nand
  read.e 0x32000000 kernel 0x300000\; bootm 0x32000000
  saveenv

- you can now boot with

  boot

The change is persistent, so you'll be able to boot large kernels
from now on. A small drawback of this change is that loading the
kernel now takes a little bit longer.

See also
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2008-October/006086.html

--