Android openmoko todo list

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Mon Jan 5 14:39:48 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Igor Cota wrote:
>> You can check out this thread at the koolu forums;
>> http://forum.koolu.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6&start=0 (requires
>> registration), or the roadmap at trac.koolu.org
>>

>> michael-6 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm working on Android Openmoko device in my spare time and I would
>>> like to know if there is
>>> a todo list that includes open issue with priority etc.
>>>
>>> Regards Michael
>>>

> Igor Cota wrote:
>> You can check out this thread at the koolu forums;
>> http://forum.koolu.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6&start=0 (requires
>> registration), or the roadmap at trac.koolu.org
>>

>> michael-6 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm working on Android Openmoko device in my spare time and I would
>>> like to know if there is
>>> a todo list that includes open issue with priority etc.
>>>
>>> Regards Michael
>>>

> Well, I try to solve the gsm call problem on my freerunner platform.
> Where I can find the
> libmuxgsm-ril.so in the koolu repository? I will like to provide a
> version using the latest
> openmoko kernel

This code is not available to the public as yet. The owners are fully
committed to releasing it, but GPRS support is a major issue that is
holding back its release. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Sorry for making you wait to contribute. By the way, I've heard mention
of GSM being broken but no one has said how. It is fully functional for
at least myself. Can you explain what is not working? The only thing I
am aware of is providing the SIM PIN and SMS text messages that span
more than one text line. logcat dumps would help if they are not related
to either of those known issues.

Sean