Android openmoko todo list

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Wed Jan 7 14:20:35 CET 2009

Andy Green wrote:

> |> Sean told before that it's caused by "chvt" type switching when
> |> something is written to the framebuffer console.  He "solved" this by
> |> removing framebuffer console from his kernel config, but this is not a
> |> satisfying solution when the same kernel binary is also targeting
> other
> |> rootfs that don't have this issue and like to have a framebuffer
> console.
> |>
> | I remove the framebuffer console but I have the same problem :). I
> don't
> | activate the fbconsole two in the bootcmd line but I have the same
> problem.
>
> I'm just running on what Sean told, maybe there is more to it.
>
> Is the flickering constant or it happens erratically... if the image is
> replaced by something else, does the "something else" look like the
> framebuffer console?

Indeed, there are a number of flicker issues and we need to know more
about what you are actually referring to:

As Andy said, do you see console text when it flickers?

or perhaps

Do you have the correct version of
frameworks/base/libs/ui/EGLDisplaySurface.cpp which uses
FBIOPAN_DISPLAY? Using FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO is no good. That will cause
all kinds of flicker.