FSO 2.6.28 usage report

Jan Lübbe jluebbe at lasnet.de
Mon Jan 12 17:13:07 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 13:10 +0000, Andy Green wrote:

> | Small note. The more drivers defconfig produces an image that is to
> big for the
> | default uboot env. As we don't want to support 100s people changing
> the uboot
> | env we make the config more modular in OE.
>
> Ah not so fast.  There are two configs in the kernel tree, one is the
> moredrivers config that is for unconditional driver availability, but
> the other is gta02-packaging-defconfig which has roughly the same module
> set as the stable shipping kernel.  I prefer that we keep the packaging
> kernel in the kernel tree as far as possible rather than have a private
> one squirrelled away in one build system.  Have a look at it and if you
> see things you don't like can we change them here.

I've now switched to gta02-packaging-defconfig. Currently mickey applys
a patch for netdev ledtriggers
(http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi?url=openembedded/tree/packages/linux/linux-openmoko-devel/openwrt-ledtrig-netdev.patch) and we have to patch the confing accordingly
(http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi?url=openembedded/tree/packages/linux/linux-openmoko-devel/defconfig-oe.patch).

Additionally we compile NFS as a module (which is disabled in
gta02-packaging-defconfig).

--
Jan Lübbe <jluebbe at lasnet.de>            http://sicherheitsschwankung.de
 gpg-key      1024D/D8480F2E 2002-03-20