GSM support on freerunner

Jim Ancona jim at anconafamily.com
Tue Jan 13 19:10:24 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Michael Trimarchi
<trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>>
>> Am Tuesday 13 January 2009 15:20:57 schrieb Michael Trimarchi:
>>

>>> Hi,

>>> Look at the code:
>>>
>>> hardware/ril/libril/<libgsmmux-moko>.c
>>>

>> Where is that code?
>>

> The android "gsmd part" is under hardware/ril/ directory (in the android
> project) and
> in this directory you can find:
>
> rild directory
> reference-ril directory
> etc
>
> If you want to talk to the gsm chip using a serial device you have an
> implementation
> in reference-ril directory (the at command are send using the atchannel
> function.
> The reference-ril not fit extactly with the freerunner hardware. So the idea
> is to create
> a new part that support the freerunner using the code implemented in the
> gsmd/gsm0710muxd
> project. It is clear now or am I missing something?

There is a binary: vendor/neo/freerunner/binary/libmuxgsm-ril.so

Sean mentioned last week that the source should be released soon:
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openmoko-kernel/2009/1/5/4598754

You might want to follow-up with him before reinventing the wheel.

Jim