Isn't Wifi supposed to be off by default?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Jan 14 15:17:45 CET 2009

Andy Green wrote:
> Yeah I remember the things about erratic interrupts, I didn't realize
> that we worked around that now by polling in a loop that includes the
> whole SDIO thing at 100Hz.

It's not even our own workaround - it's just what the SDIO stack does
when a driver doesn't support "real" interrupts.

drivers/mmc/core/sdio_irq.c:sdio_irq_thread is actually pretty clever
and tries to predict when interrupts are likely to happen, so it polls
more often when there's activity, then gently slows down again.