Isn't Wifi supposed to be off by default?

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Thu Jan 15 19:03:36 CET 2009

cc> What loads the ar6000 module on resume?
By the way, not for resume, but for boot: if we live in the forest and
thus have no use for WLAN (or GSM, we intend to use the GTA02v6 only
as a PDA) and don't do anything to enable WLAN in all our Debian
startup scripts, can we pass the kernel a parameter via Qi, saying
that "I understand that I hereby give up the chance to use WLAN until
next reboot, but I want to save the very last drop of power", e.g.,
Way way back in Message-ID: <49513051.4060304 at openmoko.com> we saw:
< Basically, WLAN is turned on when system is up. It's hardcoded in kernel.
< I'm not sure why it looks like that. I suppose WLAN is in lowest state