New Android prebuild version ready

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 11:32:52 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:19, Hire <hiretto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>>
>> Hire wrote:
>>> Today Android doens't boot anymore... is stucked on the boot splash :/

I often (!?) cannot boot because of a property in
/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
... which is turned on by I do not know who...
To have it boot again I must do :
in adb shell :
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
[then in sqlite commande ligne :]
update SYSTEM set value=0 where name='sound_effects_enabled'
/

(or just remove this settings.db file, it will be recreated, you only
loose some configs)

>> Maybe is the wireless problem, that someone find. Leave the wireless
>> area and check if
>> android start
>
> Nothing to do, I leave my FR near at the router and doesn't boot :(

That was me who had such a problem : when in reach of a given
accespoint which I had configured (WEP), I could not boot. When I
moved away, it could boot again....

Yesterday, with latest image (and init.rc), I think I messed up my
wifi config. I erased the old wpa_supplicant.conf as stated, but now
it  cannot connect, and logs that (I write from memory, it may not be
this path now) /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant/eth0  is not found.

I will erase all /data because it may be a bit messed up after trying
to update...
I'll try to get back my /data/app and /data/data/ files for my
installed and configured apps later....

Also still do not know if GPS is ok. Yesterday it did not work anymore
for me, but hard to test because fix is sometimes long to get...
especially indoors :-p