New Android Phone.apk

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Jan 18 23:57:24 CET 2009

"Marco Trevisan (Trevi?o)" wrote:
> I guess this is not an Android issue, but a wifi-itself issue. Since our
> "beloved" wifi chip :P seems not to re-associate easily [to a different
> AP?!?] without resetting it.

Ah, I was hoping that one had become entirely invisible in normal
use :-(

> (or echoing something to the wlan sys node
> /sys/devices/platform/gta02-pm-wlan.0/{power_on,gta02_wlan_reset})
> wokaround, in Android we have to do the same...

Naw, don't do the power_on ... that's just trouble (i.e., it doesn't
do what you want unless your goal is to reset WLAN without the SDIO
stack knowing what you just did) and it'll be dropped from our kernel
very soon. Better use unbind/bind or rfkill. rfkill should be slightly
faster.