Wifi tests

GNUtoo at no-log.org GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sun Jan 25 21:09:43 CET 2009

Hello, I tested last 2.6.28 kernel(bitbaken with the last srcrev) revision
with the help of PaulFertser(he helped me to make the wifi work at
runtime)

so here's my setup on my router:
Linux router 2.6.27.4_router #4 Sat Nov 22 17:35:12 CET 2008 i686 Pentium
III (Katmai) GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
00:12.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One
54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)
hostapd 0.6.4
libnl 1.1-r1
Gentoo
And I don't use the free broadcom firmware yet

here's what I observed:
I kept the freerunner connected not in maxperf mode all the night...in the
morning I did test:
I pinged the Freerunner and it responded for about 10 icmp_seq and stopped
Then I quited the first ping program and re-pinged it...same story
Then without quiting the first ping program I pinged it using a second
instance of ping...nothing
then I ctrl+c both
If I remember well only ping can trigger the fact that it comes back
online...not SSH(i'm not shure...I lost a lot of data  today including my
irc logs which contained what I told to PaulFertser this morning)

In maxperf mode I have none of theses problems(no deconnection)...but...it
eat a lot of battery