Touchscreen filters in andy-tracking...

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Wed Jan 28 02:05:49 CET 2009

I've just give a try to this [1] kernel image in my Om2008 based
distro... I've read so much about the new LCD touchscreen filters and
the work of Nelson Castillo seems quite good, but imho, from an user
point of view, the touchscreen usability of the 2.6.28 kernel isn't good
as the one I had with the 2.6.26 :(.
I'm saying this after that I've tested the touchscreen behavior writing
with the Illume keyboard.

I'm mainly using a stable kernel that after the inclusion of the patches
"palliate_touch_screen_jitter.patch" [2] and "soft_tap.patch" [3] is
really very precise and usable.
So, with the stable kernel I can write very quickly with very low
pressure and generally I don't have precision issues.
At the contrary, using the 2.6.28 kernel I've to write really slowly
(using more pressure) and often it doesn't grabs fast double-clicks over
a region (needed when you write a letter with some double-chars or if
all the chars are near in the keyboard).

Any idea in how to get back the stable-touchscreen usability?

[1] uImage-moredrivers-GTA02_andy-tracking_f2d78193eae5dccd.bin
[2] abe8f448547d1bd69ac2963e07e2657f27b79691
[3] eff39cde0d3cdd2afd5e1b4be5a8eb6cf195543e
--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/