trying Qi

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jan 30 16:22:52 CET 2009

HackCandy wrote:
> Any pointers for making a tiny rootfs (Ramdisk)? Do you have
> any pre-built ramdisk available anywhere ?

I did this a couple of weeks ago:

http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/smallsys/

I updated the kernel config for current andy-tracking.

The whole thing now compiles into 2.88MB. There are still some
drivers one could kick out and there's way too much stuff in
the user space.

As Andy has mentioned, whether using initramfs makes sense or
not depends on what you do in that boot loader. The nice thing
about initramfs is that your entire boot loader is in just one
file.