trying Qi

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jan 30 22:25:20 CET 2009

Andy Green wrote:
> I've been heading towards being able to mass-build different configs on
> a new multicore build machine here.  Various changes need making but
> it's coming in sight now.

Great ! No better way to catch those pesky build issues early.

> So I added this config to the tree as
>
> arch/arm/configs/gta02-micro_defconfig

Cool, thanks !

> The initramfs business causes the build to die
>
> ~  /projects/openmoko/kernel/linux-2.6/scripts/gen_initramfs_list.sh:
> Cannot open '/home/moko/svn.openmoko.org/developers/werner/smallsys/root/

Yup, that one's always a nasty site-specific dependency. One way
to make it a bit less ugly would be to set it to something like
$(INITRAMFS_ROOT) and then pass the actual location via an
environment variable.

> Yeah.  But the priority is zero until there's a use case for, eg, GTA02
> build without Glamo or whatever.

I actually turn off the whole Glamo from time to time when building
for my GTA02 with sick uSD. So that path already gets exercised.
But yes, the next round of kernel diet can wait a little.

> What we need next then is a modest static or small set of lib dependency
> app or script that does the actual menu and touchscreen action.

Yup. Any takers ? Now the barrier of entry should be pretty low
and there's a nice weekend ahead ... :)