Howto get a specific kernel from kernel repository?

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Tue Jun 16 11:00:33 CEST 2009

Shaz wrote:
> Dear lists,
>
> I want kernel 2.6.26-rc8 or 2.6.30 onwards for my development work on
> OpenMoko. If it cannot be checked out then is there some way that I
> can move around with patches to get there?
>
> Some help will be appreciated because I am not well versed with git or
> patch management. Even if some quick readings/tutorials are pointed
> out that will be good too.
>
> --
> Shaz

Hi

Openmokos kernel is still 2.6.29-rc3, but OpenWrt[1] has a 2.6.30 kernel
for the gta02. So if you want that, either you use OpenWrt to build your
kernel, or you could use a vanilla 2.6.30 and put those files[2] and
patches[3] on top of it.

- Lars

[1] https://dev.openwrt.org/
[2] https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/s3c24xx/files-2.6.30