cpufreq: gps && rxerr: port=1 ch=0x24, rxs=0x00000001

Michael Trimarchi trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it
Thu Jun 18 19:52:11 CEST 2009

Hi

cc: Ben Dooks

Michael Trimarchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
>> Michael Trimarchi <trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it> writes:
>>
>>> it's exaclty the same. But after cpu clock change the serial is stable
>>> or not
>>> or always present this error.
>>>

>> https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2295
>>
>> should now have the details: just patching the kernel with cpufreq
>> patches is enough to reproduce this, I do not need to actually change
>> cpu frequency to make it occur.
>>

> Thanks
> Michael

I look at the ticket. Is the order of restoring
of clockdivn and mpllcon important?

#ifndef CONFIG_CPU_FREQ
        SAVE_ITEM(S3C2410_CLKDIVN),
        SAVE_ITEM(S3C2410_MPLLCON),
        SAVE_ITEM(S3C2410_REFRESH),
#endif

So basically if I'm not wrong first the code retake the clockdivn value
and the MPLLCON, but If I rembember the clkdivn must set after
the mpllcon and take effect after a while. Is this correct?

Michael