Latest andy-tracking , bad crc error

Daniel.Li lida_mail at 163.com
Sun Mar 1 00:38:41 CET 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 18:56 +0100, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 10:14:52AM +0100, Petr Vanek wrote:
>
> > i think you have to either use qi or adjust uboot_env to be able to
> > load kernel image larger then 2M.
>
>    The question that remains to be asked (and preferably also answered) is:
> Why does u-boot not figure out the kernel image size automatically?
>
>    Anyway, a couple of things that will help to keep kernel size down (say
> to stay compatible with NOR u-boot env):
> 1) Disable support for other hardware than GTA02 (or GTA01).

Use configurations "GTA02" for GTA02 HW, "GTA01" for GTA01 HW.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Kernel#Sysfs_paths sounds current kernel
source does so.

But I don't know if GTA0X support both GTA01, GTA02 and GTA03.
In my opinion, it's really NOT necessary for embedded device to
configure "GTAXX" to support all kind of platforms.

FYR

> 2) Compile e.g. sound support as a module.

I think module is much more convenient. and easy to replace or upgrade.
a) It can keep kernel much more compact.
b) We don't have to flash kernel again and again, just minor bug fixes.

> 3) Don't compile in debugging information.

Sure.

Why NOT write a Debug/Rlease Kernel update wiki pages for setting up
proper environment, if u-boot can't figure out the kernel image size
automatically.

--
Daniel.Li <lida_mail at 163.com>
PALFocus (http://palfocus.oicp.net)