[RFC] remove 2.6.24 stuff from svn

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Thu Mar 12 22:39:42 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 03:21:15AM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> surendar 87 wrote:
> > I downloaded patches from
> > http://svn.openmoko.org/branches/src/target/kernel/2.6.24.x/patches/
>
> Oh, please do yourself a favour and use the WLAN driver from our
> git tree which runs on the regular Linux SDIO stack, so you don't
> have to wrestle with the Atheros stack.
>
> The 2.6.24 tree in SVN is very obsolete. We now use 2.6.29-rc3.

I've seen a number of those type of mails recently.  why not just delete
all that old stuff from svn in the current version, using a sensible
commit message that it is now in git, and that you can grab old code
by checking out old svn revisions?

The problem likely is that people find the svn/webdav on google at a higher
ranking than the gitweb pages.