[RFC patch pcf50633-core] Android resume on one click patch

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Thu Mar 19 14:55:15 CET 2009

Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>  		/* Make sure we don't pass on any ONKEY events to
>  		 * userspace now */
> +#ifndef CONFIG_MFD_PCF50633_ANDROID
>  		pcf_int[1] &= ~(PCF50633_INT2_ONKEYR | PCF50633_INT2_ONKEYF);
> +#endif
> +

Hmm, I wonder if we couldn't avoid having two subtly different
behaviours selected at compile-time. If you think of it, there
must be millions of similar choices in the kernel. If we had a
config option for each of them, ...

First of all, couldn't the entity in Android that commands the
suspend just get the wakeup reason and generate the onkey event ?