WSOD on device

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 15:06:53 CET 2009

The reset part I've cut off, was a patch introduce by Andy to try and
solve a sticky WSOD issue (#1841). This has never worked for anybody.
According to the part of spec provided by Joerg, it is not required to
reset the chip in order to wake from deep standby.

In 2.6.24, the solution was not to go in standby, which seems to work
but uses more energy. For sure this solution will fix your problem, but
I'm surprise I can't reproduce it on my side. Also, if I write code to
provoque a WSOD in 2.6.29, I can always recover by putting my device
into sleep and resuming it. I haven't explained yet, but it might be
related to the changes made in the power controller driver.

In bug #1841, Joerg has proposed adding some safety around minimum sleep
required to switch between states. He also mentioned something about
missing sleep after sleep-out transition. I had completely forgot about
it so far, it is something we should have a look at.

Nicolas