Patches for GTA01 on Andy-tracking

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Mar 22 20:24:29 CET 2009

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Ok, how about you branching the current tip of andy-tracking to something
> called 'community' or 'pending-submission' and we move from there?

I thought of just leaving andy-tracking "as is" and continue new
work in a new branch, but would this actually help ? It would
require everyone who's autobuilding andy-tracking to switch to
the new branch, and the new branch wouldn't be any easier to
maintain than a "dead end" andy-tracking. In fact, when bringing
back upstream updates, the extra branch may make things a bit
harder.

So for now, I just want to tag the current head and then pile new
patches on top, without actually fixing the process.

> The only thing I'm interested in is that the patches get applied and the
> development continues, everything else I don't care much ;)

Yeah, who needs watchmakers if all you care about is the exact
time ? ;-))